Friday 3 January 2014

Happy New Year!

I'd like to wish everyone a Happy New Year and I hope you've all enjoyed the holidays, and perhaps even got a few horror related gifts to enjoy the new year with!

2013 brought me a lot in terms of horror movie goodness and improving my knowledge about the genre I love. I completed my 365 challenge with a good handful of films to spare - in total I watched 400 horror movies, some were unbelievably good, a lot more were average and some were plain terrible. 

This week I'll bring you two lists - one being the best films I have seen all year, from any year and country, as long as they were first watches for me in 2013. Hopefully this will give you a couple of obscure gems that I would recommend anyone check out. 

The second will be the best horror movies released in 2013. It was a pretty prolific year, and some of the films I saw were truly brilliant. I may even add in a bonus few films that were so bad they need mentioning, even if only to save others from having to endure them (Osombie, I'm looking at you o_o) 

As for next year, I will be aiming to complete another 365 horror challenge, along with using this blog to promote or review more indie projects - there is a lot of quality out there in the indie horror market right now and I'm really excited to start talking about some of these right here.

Thanks to all who read this blog, I'm hoping to be much more active here in 2014 and here's to a happy horror loving 2014 for us all!

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully this year will be as cool as the last. We had some insanely cool stuff. Haunter. Woah. And I grab the opportunity to wish you a great 2014 miss. We miss you. :)
    \ยต/—>X)

    ReplyDelete